How to take advantage ofNominate Your Charity
How to be our favoured Charity
After the Member Commitment Form has been signed, a member can submit the name of a local organization, by filling out the form below and clicking on submit.
Once the form has been received, the submitting member will receive a confirmation email.
(Note: Deadline to nominate is one week prior to the meeting.)
During the meeting, the founding members will randomly pick the first charity, which will be presented by the nominating member.
Once the 3-5 minute presentation has been given for the selected charity is complete, that nominating member chooses the next charity.
Once the 3-5 minute presentation has been given for the selected charity is complete, the next nominating member chooses the last charity.
Once the third member has presented their charity, all attending members will vote on one of the three presented charities.
3-5 Minute Nomination Presentation Outline
If you are chosen as one of the top 3 randomly selected charities, you will be asked to do a presentation.
Presentations should be simple and not overly formal. Speak from the heart – think “passion” not “perfection”!
Be ready to answer questions from the group, for example:
Presentation should be between 3-5 minutes MAXIMUM
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What specific program or project will our donation support?
- How will the funds be spent? (if they directly know)
- Describe your personal interactions with the organization or how you learned of the organization?
- Charities must be registered with the CRA and have a charitable number